Sunday, January 19, 2014

Bucket List

In honor of the new year, I have finally decided to compile a list of things I want to do before I die. Some of these will definitely happen, others will not. Some of these have been dreams since my childhood, and others have been dreamed of more recently. I will definitely be adding more as time goes by and I think of more. P.S. These are in no particular order. . .

1. Do the splits (Been a goal since I was a child. . . not even close, but I CAN touch my toes without bending my knees, so that's a good start I think.)
2. Scare my dad (he jumps at nothing and is scared of nothing. . . he's a tough cookie to crack!)
3. Do a backflip
4. Get married
5. Make a viral video on YouTube
6. Go hang-gliding
7. Learn to french braid my own hair
8. Learn to play the guitar
9. See a broadway musical (Les Miserables, Wicked, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Lion King are all on my list)
10. Visit every temple in Utah
11. Visit every temple in the world (this one is a bit ambitious and requires moneys that I definitely do not have)
12. Learn to curl my own hair without it looking retarded (I DID THIS ONE TODAY!!!! YAY FOR ME!!)
13. Ride a galloping horse
14. Ride in a hot air balloon
15. Visit Arches National Park and the Grand Canyon
16. Go to the Sacred Grove and other church history sites
17. Write a book
18. Go water skiing (technically, I have done this one, but I haven't been able to stay on top of the water, so I'm not counting it yet.)
19. Learn how to longboard or skateboard (or at least not fall off when it moves)
20. Go to the Festival of Colors
21. Ride a tandem bike (How cool would that be? I should probably find a cute boy to ride with me though . . . hmmmm. which one, which one?)
22. Learn how to snowboard/ski
23. Ride in a helicopter
24. I would say run a marathon because that seems to be on every person's bucket list, but let's be honest. I hate running with a passion and have no idea how people find it enjoyable, so my goal is to NOT run a marathon. I might do a 5K someday, but that's pushing it big time.
25. Get a Master's Degree or PhD in Education and teach at a University
26. Go on a normal date with a normal guy with normal circumstances/situations. Hasn't happened once in my entire life. Oh dear.
27. Learn how to Ice skate backwards (I sort of did, but definitely not comfortable enough to cross it off my bucket list yet)
28. Spend a night in the hospital. I know everybody says I don't want to, but I actually do. But as long as I'm not in excruciating pain, then I feel like it would be an adventure!

The following are a few things that were on my bucket list, but have now been crossed off!
Go to a concert (Lady Antebellum)
Go to a midnight movie showing (Take this one off of your own lists, it is highly overrated!)
Ride a go-kart
Learn to speak another language (TAGALOG)
Go to a different country (PHILIPPINES)
Climb to the top of Mount Timp (Worst day of my life!!!!! I literally sat on the side of the trail and cried. . . I know, I'm just mature like that)

So there you have it! My Bucket List. Isn't it exciting and adventurous?
What kinds of things do you have on YOUR bucket list? What have you crossed off already? What else should I add to my bucket list that I don't already have on there?

8 comments:

  1. A story about your #21.
    Once upon a time, a boy named Matt had a crush on me. He seemed nice so I went on a date with him. We rented a tandem bike. The people who owned the bike specifically said, "do not go up by bridal veil. On the way back, the roads are steeper than they look and the brakes aren't good enough for a hill like that." But Matt had planned to take me there, so there we went. On the way back, we hit one of those downgrades, we were unable to brake, hit a rock and flew off the bike. I called my dad who came to get us because the bike was unrideable (front handlebars twisted and stuck, bent middle, etc.). We went to my parents' home, got patched up, my dad fixed the bike all but one missing bolt (amazing!) and my dad drove us back. We dropped off Matt and the bike and then I went home. I found out later that Matt had to purchase the bike for the damage ($200) and I totally didn't help... oh well.
    The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!!! Oh my! That's quite the story! Poor guy, I bet that probably made one of his most awkward date stories as well. Haha!

      Delete
  2. Sadly, a few months later I thought it would be safe to reach out to him again (he liked me lots and I looked him only as a friend) and he got so excited ... I didn't know how to say no so I started dating him. Lasted a week. Eric have me the courage to break up with him. A week later, Eric and his girlfriend broke up and the rest is history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. That is very sad. But, good for you to be brave! The rest is definitely a good history though. Look how happy you two are. :D

      Delete
  3. Maybe you can check #24 and #26 off your list now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't check off #24 yet. I'll check it off when I'm dead and I know for sure that nobody guilted me into doing it. #26 still hasn't really happened yet. Maybe in high school...but I won't count that one yet since the normal circumstance/situation hasn't actually been in line with the normal date. But, you are right, I DID go on a normal date. So, maybe I can check half of it off my list. :D

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this, Alaina!! :D Made me smile and miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my friend, I miss you too! I'm glad it made you smile :D

      Delete