Sunday, August 18, 2013

Awkward Dates - part 1

So, in relation to my last post, I have decided to reminisce about some of my most awkward dates I've ever had. Just keep in mind that almost all of my dates have been like this, these are only the highlights. I attract awkward dates. Here Goes:

High School. Yes, I know this was quite a while ago, but it has been burned into my memory forever and ever. My date took me to Nickelcade. (Bad date idea. Never do this.) He spent the whole time blowing stuff up with his violent video games which I do not support in any way while I spent my time trying to make that stupid light stop in the goal zone. Well, between all of us on the group date, we won enough tickets to get one of those cheap mood rings for everybody. My date put his one and compared the colors with the paper he received and excitedly said, "Mine says I'm feeling happy and romantic!!" I warily looked at mine and compared it only to have it say that I was miserable and depressed. Eerily accurate. I obviously didn't say that to him...then he took me to KFC for lunch during which he said, "Sorry I didn't shave today, I ran out of time. . . " and then he proceded to pull out of his wallet a card with my name and number, address, and both of my parents names.................Creeper alert......................................

So, I will spare all of the awkward details and only highlight that during the course of our all-day date (which is also a bad idea. I HATE dates that last more than a couple of hours) he spilled water on me at the restaurant permanently staining my silk dress, stepped on my toes, and stepped on my dress which almost made it fall down, plus many more small awkward moments. The date finally ended and I was so so relieved to have to never speak to him again until the next day at school. I forgot he was in one of my classes and then at the beginning of class, he stood in the front of the class and talked for FIVE minutes about how great I was and how awesome our date was and blah blah blah blah.

Needless to say, I was very embarrassed at this and my face turned beet red while everybody else in the class was literally turning around in their seats to stare at me. It was like the most awkward movie you've ever watched, except real. It was awful!!

Well, the next year at school he was arrested as a sex offender. The rumor was that he had molested his sister. I don't know how much of that rumor was true, but going on dates with a registered sex offender is a bad idea.

Have you ever been on a date with a registered creeper?

4 comments:

  1. Does a stalker count as a registered creeper? I had a desperate girl follow me out to Vegas on my business trip. She forced me into one date with her too. I don’t know does that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, yes. I think that would definitely count! Stalker. Sex Offender. Creeper. There's not much difference between any of them. What a creepy, desperate girl!And, I'm glad you are happily married to a non-creeper now. :D

      Delete
  2. Yes, I've had my fair share of creepers...so many that I've lost count. No one ended up in prison that I know of, though, so your story is much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. I have met some of your creepers and they are definitely creepy. I'm glad you got rid of all of them and they didn't go to prison. Or would it have been better for that to happen?

      Delete