Sunday, August 18, 2013

Awkward Dates - Part 2

My last post was about a creeper awkward date in high school. My next super super awkward date happened a few years later while I was in college. The Sweethearts dance was coming up and I didn't have a date. So, my sister and her fiancée decided to help me out and set me up with his best friend. I didn't really want to go but they dialed his number and when he answered they said, "Alaina has something to ask you." and chucked the phone at me. There wasn't much else to do without making things super awkward so I asked him if he would go to the dance with me.

I had no idea where he lived, so when I went to pick him up, I brought Anna and Josh who knew where he lived. Well, apparently he moved so I went to the wrong apartment TWICE because Josh couldn't remember which apartment it was. So, that was an awkward way to start out our date. After that, the date was really weird and I was also glad when it was over.

Fast forward less than one year later. My sister is now married and called me to say, "Hey Alaina, do you remember that date I set you up on?" Obviously, who could forget a traumatizing experience like that? "Well, he's engaged now..........to another guy........."

..........................................awkward....................................................................

Have you ever sent a man to the gay side from a bad date?

4 comments:

  1. Just to set this straight (no pun intended) he wasn't actually his best friend - just a friend from high school....years and years and years before. :) And yes, I apologize lots. You have to admit though, he's a pretty fun guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please, you don't have to apologize!! It definitely made for a good story, and yes, he was fun and friendly. . . maybe a little too friendly perhaps.... :D Mostly, the situation was just silly and had to be recorded.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've sent anyone to the other side, but I'm pretty sure I've sent a few dudes to the "I'm going to stay single my whole life long" side. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That should count. Either way, they won't be going on any other dates with women, right? :D

      Delete